Friday, April 11, 2008

Fresca! Fresh, Food, Fast.

In today's "green" society, a vegetarian fast food restaurant will surely be the next big thing. For this class project, I had to create a logo for a mock healthy fast food restaurant called Fresca. I had to use just two colors and include the tagline "fresh, food, fast."

After scrapping many ideas, I've decided to create a logo based on an eggplant. Why? Because eggplants are amazing! It's one of the strangest vegetable. If you don't see why, try holding one.

On a designer's point of view, an eggplant is also way underused for anything to do with vegetarianism. Not being a part of the cliche family such as tomatoes and carrots definitely helps this logo to stand out and stick. Furthermore, the natural color combination of an eggplant converts beautifully on screen. Not to mention, this color combination is very popular among the vegetarian crowd.

No comments: