I looooove the album "Nightlife" by the Pet Shop Boys. So when it was time for me to create a CD design for my class, I knew that this cd had to be my obvious choice.The goal of this project was to design the cd packaging that reflects the theme and style of the music. Given that the album was titled "Nightlife," setting the night theme was a no-brainer. Based on the lyrics and the theme of this album, I've decided to express nightlife as being cold, lonely and transient. The blurred images show just that.
As I was working on this design, I became inspired by the club kids and drag queens, people that fit the category of nightpeople, people that only come out at night. Given that these people only exist half of the time, I decided to make them transparent. Also, by just putting one person on each page, I hoped to show the theme of loneliness.
No comments:
Post a Comment